Day 2 of the kids being in school. I have a goal of writing at least a little something every day more as a journal for me. Why you ask… Well, yesterday I started cleaning out our tv stand. (mind you this hasn’t been done in ages) Not only was it really dusty, but there was a lot of paperwork and other things packed inside it. (thank goodness for wooden doors, not glass ~wink~)
Inside I found some of my old calendars that I had kept and inside them are little notes of things I did with the kids or anything exciting that happened that day. Well, since the kids have gotten older, I kind of quit doing that, so I guess you can say this is my new calendar. (at least it sounds good)
Today’s exciting news is that Katie ended up getting braces put on today! She has what is called 2 x 4’s. They put 4 on her top front teeth and then once those are straight and looks good they will attach the wire to the back 2 brackets that they put on today. She is suppose to have them on for 9 months (so all school year) and then at that point she will have a retainer and we will figure out if she then will need real braces at that point!
So far so good… but it has also only been a couple hours. She went back to school afterwards and I told her I would pick her and her brother up today since the bus didn’t drop them off until close to 4:30 yesterday and tonight Kevin has to help teach at karate and has to be there at 5:15 (it’s a 15 minute drive) so that doesn’t leave that much time to do homework. If I can pick them up and get them home around 3:45-3:50 that would work out a ton better!
I am anxious to hear about the kids 2nd day of school today too. How did your kids like their first day? In case they are the type of kids that just answer Good or Fine or ok… I found yesterday on huffingtonpost.com a list of 25 questions to ask your kids to find out how their day went without asking the question… “How did your day go?”. Some of the questions I already would ask, but some were different and fun and just wanted to share!
1. What was the best thing that happened at school today? (What was the worst thing that happened at school today?)
2. Tell me something that made you laugh today.
3. If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class? (Who would you NOT want to sit by in class? Why?)
4. Where is the coolest place at the school?
5. Tell me a weird word that you heard today. (Or something weird that someone said.)
6. If I called your teacher tonight, what would she tell me about you?
7. How did you help somebody today?
8. How did somebody help you today?
9. Tell me one thing that you learned today.
10. When were you the happiest today?
11. When were you bored today?
12. If an alien spaceship came to your class and beamed someone up, who would you want them to take?
13. Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
14. Tell me something good that happened today.
15. What word did your teacher say most today?
16. What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
17. What do you think you should do/learn less of at school?
18. Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
19. Where do you play the most at recess?
20. Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
21. What was your favorite part of lunch?
22. If you got to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you do?
23. Is there anyone in your class who needs a time-out?
24. If you could switch seats with anyone in the class, who would you trade with? Why?
25. Tell me about three different times you used your pencil today at school.